Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find a grave?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 1 Dec 2007 09:46

Sorry for appearing thick, (excuse me I'm a newby), but how do I find the grave or burial place of a relly?

Allan

Allan Report 1 Dec 2007 09:53

if you know the area or the town they are buried write to the local council graves dept they have all the records of burials

Darl  from the land down under

Darl from the land down under Report 1 Dec 2007 09:57

HI Angela,
on the death certificates in Queensland ( where I live) the cemetery is listed, you could also check obituary notices in the newspapers - if you know where and when, or your state records office, we were all newbies once.
Darlene

Angela

Angela Report 1 Dec 2007 11:17

Thanks Allan and Darl, I'll try that

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 1 Dec 2007 14:05

Darl, the cemetery is only listed on Australian certificates, not on English ones.

Orange Cat and Me

Orange Cat and Me Report 1 Dec 2007 15:10

Angela, I have nudged Madie's mates thread.