Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please please please help......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 2 Dec 2007 00:42

Hi, I am so very new to this, and whilst I have read your comments about some not being very grateful for some guidance.

I am actually trying to locate a missing relative that hasnt been seen for about 30 years. She has just disappeared and I am on a mission to locate her but I really am not sure where to begin.

I only have limited info, but beleive she may have remarried, but not sure about much really.

Please help, if someone can tell me how I can find a missing person, complicated by the fact that I now live overseas and have no idea of what I am doing. All I know is, I really want to find her, there are so many unanswered questions within our family and some just need answers to be able to understand.

So, whilst I appreciate there are some really ungrateful people out there I can assure you that if anyone can assist or guide me I would be most grateful, and promise to say 'Thank You'.

Lesley

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 2 Dec 2007 01:00

Lesley please don't be put off by other people's lack of manners, we all know it happens but such is life!
I don't really do "living" so I'm no expert, but have you tried the obvious?
Try inputting her details (maiden name) is the search box at the top of the screen.
Try Friends Reunited.
If you have Ancestry, try a search for her under her maiden name & married name on marriage 1984-2006. Perhaps one will pop up on both names with the same spouse showing she's remarried.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 2 Dec 2007 01:51

Lesley I've picked up the info for Records & sent you a PM as this person is likely to be living

EDITED
I have received a reply from Lesley but unfortunately the info I sent her was no help

Lesley

Lesley Report 2 Dec 2007 07:09

Hi Thomas,

Your fantastic, not sure how you have found this out so fast, I have been scratching my heaad for months and months.

Thank you so much for this, I am so very grateful to you !!!!! I just cant beleive it, it gives me faith to keep searching.

I hate to ask but any idea how I may be able to find Jacqueling Block, I do beleive she is alive still, but we really have no idea where she went after about 1975, she walked away from her family and has never been heard of since.

Thank you sooooo much, I am speachless that someone has been able to help in such a short time.

Thanks
Lesley

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Dec 2007 07:42

Lesley -- I ordinarily follow the same policy as Claire when it comes to living people, but the info below is not really "personal" because it's so multiple. ;)

You said Jacqueline may have remarried, and this probably is not going to help much, but it's a list of Jacqueline (A) Whiting-s and Jacqueline Block-s who have married since 1984. The name that follows the Block or Whiting name is the surname of the husband. If any of them look worth pursuing, you could PM me and the husband's full name can be checked.

Jacqueline Whiting McFarnell Sep 1985 Dover Kent
Jacqueline Whiting Bowden Sep 1986 Sutton Surrey
Jacqueline Whiting Whiting Sep 1986 Great Yarmouth Norfolk
Jacqueline Whiting Sowden Feb 1987 Rotherham Derbyshire, Yorkshire
Jacqueline Whiting Dean Dec 1989 Greenwich London
Jacqueline Whiting Payton Sep 1995 Dudley Staffordshire, Worcestershire
Jacqueline Whiting Devenish May 1996 Taunton Devon, Somerset
Jacqueline A Whiting Wilkinson Apr 1986 Winchester Hampshire
Jacqueline A Whiting Yeardley Sep 2001 Shrewsbury Shropshire
Jacqueline A Whiting Meldrum Jun 2002 Aberconwy Gwynedd
Jacqueline A Whiting Saint Jun 2005 Bournemouth Hampshire

Jacqueline Block Fensome Jul 1986 Leighton Buzzard Bedfordshire
Jacqueline Block Hoskin Jun 1998 Haringey London

There are no deaths since 1984 for a Jacqueline Block or Whiting with a date of birth that matches your Jacqueline's quarter of birth. You would need her exact DOB to search more accurately for deaths (which could be obtained from her birth certificate, the info for which could be PMed to you).

There are so many marriages after 1984 for Whitings named Debra/Deborah, Tracy/Tracey and Peter (over a dozen of each) that identifying the ones of interest, if such there were, would be next to impossible.

There is a little more info that might be relevant that I will send by PM.