Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 3 Dec 2007 17:17

Is there a way of listing all the names a member who you have previously had contact with, has in their tree with a certain name, even though they havent opened their tree to you?

Ann

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Dec 2007 17:30

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve..........a list of names someone else has collected is unlikely to be of any benefit to you...or perhaps I have misunderstood what you are asking...........

Reg

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Dec 2007 17:32

If you go to "search trees" and type in the name and dob of the person in the tree, it will give you a list of people who have the same person in their tree and tell you whether or not you've had contact with them.
Is that what you mean?
Margaret

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 3 Dec 2007 17:41

If they were all born in the same place you can put in the surname and place of birth and no birth date in the search trees, but if it's a very common surname you will get too many

I've done that for a small village where a lot of my family came from.

Christine

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 3 Dec 2007 21:39

The person I have found on here is not a relative of mine, she was my bridesmaid 36 years ago and I have lost touch with her.
I have sent her a pm but there has been no response.
i cannot remember the first name of the person she married, but from this site have got her married name.