Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Llangefni Anglesey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joseph

Joseph Report 5 Dec 2007 04:38

Would appreciate help from a kind person going to Llangefni to do look ups. Joe in San Antonio Texas
Thanking you!

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 5 Dec 2007 11:05

Joe,
I live in North Wales,and Llangefni is only a small town so can't you look up the census first on ancestry to find what you are looking for?Remember that there are lots of Jones,Williams etc,and a lot of inter marriage went on ,so it could be hard to trace.
Good luck
Brenda

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Dec 2007 12:36

The chances of records still being held in Llangefni are not good.......you would undoubtedly need to access the relevant records office.

What are you looking for? Perhaps the info can be found on line..............

mgnv

mgnv Report 8 Dec 2007 01:03

The National Library of Wales has some useful stuff online, including marriage bonds: http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=2

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 11 Dec 2007 16:42

reggie, i think joe wants records of his family in angelsey,so the llangefni records office is the place to go,ive helped joe before,as i live only 5miles from llangefni,but this time of year im unable to help as im a nurse and we are very busy in the hos now,but i will email him and offer to look up some time after xmas.xx