Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can't find a family in 1881

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 6 Dec 2007 20:45

Hi, could anyone help me locate my great grandfather and mother? I've tried various spellings but so far nothing. They are Thomas and Isabella Whitear, who in 1871 were living in Webb Street, Southwark. In 1871 their children were: Thomas, John, Alfred, Walter, Rosa, Isabella, Frances and Elizabeth. In 1841 and 1851 Thomas's surname was entered at Wheaton and Wheatear.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Christine

Sidami

Sidami Report 6 Dec 2007 20:55

Hi
Can you give year of birth and place please
Sue

Christine

Christine Report 6 Dec 2007 21:03

hi, Thomas was born in 1831 in Walworth, Surrey and Isabella was born in 1834 in Bermondsey. Yes that is the right family in 1861. Thanks for your help.

Christine

Thelma

Thelma Report 6 Dec 2007 21:20

Isabell Whitear Thomas abt 1835 Bermondsey, London, England Wife Wandsworth London

Ivy

Ivy Report 6 Dec 2007 21:39

Prob not yours, but what wonderful names!

Marriages Sep 1880 (>99%)
Oberg Charles August Westminster 1a 944
Payne Sarah Ann Westminster 1a 944
Reyss Henry August Westminster 1a 944
WHITEAR Isabella Ann Westminster 1a 944

Charles seen on 1881 census with Sarah Ann, so this Isabella presumably married Henry

Christine

Christine Report 6 Dec 2007 21:41

hi elouise and jim,

I don't think the weedon's are the right lot - I don't think he was ever an engine fitter. Eloise, I have found them on the 1891 census, which I think is the one you have quoted - any luck with 1881?

thanks

Christine

Christine Report 6 Dec 2007 21:43

Hi Ivy, Isabella's maiden name was Lawrence and they were married in Camberwell. Thanks anyway.