Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Llanasa Flintshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susie Floosie

Susie Floosie Report 6 Dec 2007 21:28

Is there any member out there that lives near this lovely tiny village. I have discovered many of my relatives lived here on my fathers side (surname Salisbury). I would like to know if there is any information on gravestones in the village churchyard.

Thanks in antisipation

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 6 Dec 2007 23:32

Hi
There is a graveyard there. There is also a village website with a guestbook where people post genealogy queries. I found it using Google

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 6 Dec 2007 23:53

What a coincidence. My gg grandfather was born in Llanasa. Unfortunately he was called John Davies - i expect a lot of other residents were too. Born 1841. But I cannot find out anything more about him, birth, parents or first marriage. His second marriage cert in 1890 states that his father was Peter Davies, a Quarryman. He moved to Glossop, Derbyshire before 1881.

Any help gratefully received.

Margaret

Susie Floosie

Susie Floosie Report 8 Dec 2007 20:32

Christine

I have put a message in the guest book like you said, fingers crossed.

Still would like to hear from anyone out there who may be able to help.

TVM
Sue

Susie Floosie

Susie Floosie Report 8 Dec 2007 20:33

Margaret

Your as bad as me too many Davies & Jones. If I come across Peter I will let you know.

Regards
Sue