Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Needing Help to figure out whats what!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 11 Dec 2007 15:14

So ive found some records by signing up for the extra credits but im struggling with how to use them properly! am i doing it all wrong? im looking for the date of birth and birth place of a Jack Caplin who lived in birkenhead from the 1930's who married a Frances Ashley who was born in 1924. I cant find where they were married or when, how do i do this?
Please Help!

Sam

Sam Report 11 Dec 2007 15:16

You need to search the full marriage indexes year by year until you find them. There isn't a quick way unfortunately. Even then all you will find is the quarter in which they married, not the exact date, and the registration district the marriage took place in, not the town or church.

Same for the births, you will need to know when they were born or it could be a long (and expensive) search.

Sam x

Amy

Amy Report 11 Dec 2007 15:19

When i find a birth record on one of the columns it says vol and page, what are these from? and can these help in any way?

Sam

Sam Report 11 Dec 2007 15:27

They are the reference numbers that you need to quote in order to send off for the certificate from the GRO.

Sam x