Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find a half sister who married an Ameri

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 11 Dec 2007 19:16

My Half Sister Married an American and went to live in Los Angeles. I lost touch when we moved in the 1970s and I would like to find her.
Can anyone help please?
Robert

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 14 Dec 2007 17:25

If you have a name and approximate address you can look up "white pages+usa" on google.

Suzanne

Robert

Robert Report 14 Dec 2007 20:20

Thanks Suzanne. I have found her Name and County but I have to pay to get her number. Is there another way of doing this. At least I know she is still alive. It must be her because her 1st and second name and age is right. Thanks again. I will pay if I have to I suppose. Regards Robert

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 14 Dec 2007 20:58

No..I found people in US without paying...try White Pages+USA

Suzanne

Robert

Robert Report 15 Dec 2007 00:13

Hi Suzanne I have tried White Pages + USA and I find the Name, City, and first middle and last names but every time I " Vew" it gives the prices for the service. Is it just me doing the wrong thing or what.
Robert

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Dec 2007 01:27

Robert,

Send me her details. I should be able to find her.

Rose

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 15 Dec 2007 23:01

If you google Zabasearch you can get free access to US addresses compiled from electoral roles and utilities.
It can be a little bit of a pfaff but I managed to find someones birth mother this way. (Now reunited and getting on like a house on fire)

Robert

Robert Report 20 Dec 2007 14:17

Thanks everyone, I have now found my Half Sister.
Thank you all for the help. Especially Rose who found the vital Phone number in America. A merry Christmas to All.
Robert