Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed to find adopted relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 12 Dec 2007 17:51

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. My grandmother had 2 sisters who where apodted. She does not have much information on them apart from they where adopted around the 1920's(late). Their names where Alice Woodward and Doris Woodward, they where adopted from Middlesbrough to Scotland. If anyone has any information of how i can trace them it will be greatly appreciated.

Karen

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 12 Dec 2007 20:50

Do you have any ages?

Jim

Karen

Karen Report 12 Dec 2007 21:46

Unfortunatley i only have estimated ages. I don't have any d/o/b as they where adopted when my grandmother was very young and she only remembers who they where called. My grandmother was born in 1923 - so i'm guessing they where born 1925-1927ish.
Any help will be appreciated as i'm new to this, and don't know where to start.

Karen

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 12 Dec 2007 21:53

The names you have given, Are they birth names or adopted names?
Pat

Karen

Karen Report 12 Dec 2007 21:56

They are birth names, she does not know if they where changed (which they more than likely where) all she knows they where born in middlesbrough and got adopted to Scotland.

Thanks

Karen

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 12 Dec 2007 21:56

I will see if i can find any births for them,What month was your grandmother born in? and her first name?
Pat

Karen

Karen Report 12 Dec 2007 22:02

Thanks.
Her name is Jessie Woodward born 01.08.1923, Her mother is called Alice Dean and her father George Woodward.

Thank You

Karen

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 12 Dec 2007 22:14

Im having trouble getting onto Ancestry, But I will keep trying!

Karen

Karen Report 12 Dec 2007 22:22

Ok, I really appreciate this.

Karen

Karen

Karen Report 12 Dec 2007 22:23

I'm logging off, so i'll check tommorrow.

Thanks Pat.

Karen

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 12 Dec 2007 22:24

Ok, have found Jessies birth, will look for other two

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 12 Dec 2007 22:28

Theres a George A Woodward ,Mothers maiden name Dean, Born Middlesborough April/May/June 1925

Ok, I have checked Jan 1920-Dec 1930 and could find no Alice or Doris Woodward, MMN Dean.
Maybe they were registered under a different surname?

Karen

Karen Report 13 Dec 2007 07:31

I'm not sure as i have very little information to go off. I'll do some more diging to see what i can come up with. Thank you for trying.

Karen