Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Importing Legacy Deluxe Gedcom with photos!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ShellOz

ShellOz Report 15 Dec 2007 09:40

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this site and just wondering if someone can direct me on whether there is a trick to getting my gedcom (exported from Legacy software) onto here with the associated photos still attached! I've stored the photos in the ....\legacy\data\pictures folder but once I export it (either as a Legacy Gedcom or a 5.5 Gedcom) and then import to here, there are no photo's to be seen. Same happens when importing it to TribalPages....

Any pointers??

cheers

Shell

Carol

Carol Report 16 Dec 2007 00:00

Gedcom files do not contain photos, they may contain a link to where the photo is stored on your computer but when you open the gedcom on another comuter or a site such as GR the photos will not be there.

Carol
www.genealogyprinters.com

ShellOz

ShellOz Report 16 Dec 2007 11:19

Thankyou all.

What a shame that it wont read the photo's too. I'm more than happy to give away copies of certificates I have paid for but I'm certainly not going to sit there and individually load them onto each site I publish my tree on. Oh well.

Thanks for prompt responses.

cheers

Shell