Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Prison warden records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 15 Dec 2007 18:05

Hi im hoping someone can help me even though i have very limited information. Does anyone know if there are any records available about prison wardens. Two of my ancestors were prison wardens in liverpool in the late 19th century and possibly the early 20th century. I would love to know more about when they started their jobs and any other information, does anyone know if records like these are available anywhere?

Thanks very much
and merry xmas!

Steph

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 17 Dec 2007 19:40

Hi Steph, just nudging your post up abit so someone can help you. Have you actually written to HM Prisons? It may be possible, especially if you know which prison, that they would have kept records, Anyway good luck, and yes Merry Xmas to you too.