Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Times Archive link hijacked?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 16 Dec 2007 11:45

Hi, I've been trying to access the Times Archive through my Milton Keynes Library access which has always worked perfectly before. However, the log in page flashes up briefly then immediately goes to a page selling mobile phone stuff. I've checked my PC for spyware and viruses, etc, and it has come up OK.

Is this happening to other people trying to access the Archive through their libraries?

Tracey

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 16 Dec 2007 13:45

I have just tried the Bedfordshire Library site and can't even get into the opening page...I just get a white screen if I go through my favourites or the link via Google.

How strange!

Chris

Hazel

Hazel Report 16 Dec 2007 14:32

I've just tried Bedfordshire too with no luck - maybe their server is down?!!

Hazel

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 16 Dec 2007 15:32

I googled part of the offending redirection url and found this article. "Adbazz.com Redirects Sites Using Tracking Code Supplied by WebsourcedTraffic" "Some business owners got a shocking surprise today when their websites were being redirected to an Adbazz.com URL."

Hmm, so sounds like this may have happened to some of the Galegroup databases.