Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my Past - Viewer problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 17 Dec 2007 09:19

Is anyone else having problems viewing images on Find My Past this morning?
It was working last night, but this morning, it's getting stuck on "converting image".

I'm going to email them, but I wondered if it's just me or is everyone having the same problem...

Thanks
Lesley

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 17 Dec 2007 10:40

Looks like I am the only one! Although I've tried on four different PCs now.

Can anyone with a Find My Past subscription try to view a census image please? Any year...

Help!!

Sue C

Sue C Report 17 Dec 2007 10:52

Have just tried, and no problem.

Sue

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 17 Dec 2007 11:16

Thanks Sue,

I eventually phoned them and they showed me how to use the old (mush faster to load) viewer, so although the new 'enhanced' viewer no longer works on any of mt PCs, the old one does.

Thanks for testing it...

Lesley

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 17 Dec 2007 19:59

I recently upgraded to an Intel Mac and completely lost the ability to view images. Couldn't get any joy with a new plug in even though the blurb said it was for use with Intel Macs. This happened 2 weeks before my subscription was up for renewal. I voted with my feet.