Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Legacy Family Tree software 'free' with magazine.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

newsboy

newsboy Report 17 Dec 2007 23:20

The Feb 2008 issue of PC PRO magazine, the 'free' DVD Bonus issue, is offering the above software which includes a Video Tutorial. Would anyone care to give an opinion or review of this software before I try it out? I shall have a look on Google to see if there are any reviews also. The cover price is £4.99 and trial subscriptions are available.

ThoGre

ThoGre Report 17 Dec 2007 23:58

One of the better programs. You don't need the magazine, you can download from their website and a tutorial seems hardly necessary.
The free version is quite good. You can upgrade to the pro version with a bit more features.

Ivor

Ivor Report 18 Dec 2007 00:28

Hi gang,
I like legacy too, one section includes research tips if you are stuck (limited version in standard edition, unlocked with Delux edition). There are various add ons you can buy, details on the website.
I would try out the free standard edition, then if you like it, buy the delux version when they bring out a big new update, usually once a year. Smaller updates are more frequent.

Steve

Steve Report 18 Dec 2007 13:57

I use Legacy too - just the upgraded version 5.
According to their website, version 7 is due out later this month

Steve

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Dec 2007 15:08

The free version is fine to start off with and the training video is free to watch on line. That can be very useful for someone who has never used family tree software before as it "walks" you through step by step

Linda

newsboy

newsboy Report 18 Dec 2007 16:00

Thanks, folks. I shall give it a go.