Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 Index Cards Help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 18 Dec 2007 10:18

Am trying to find my Grandads WW1 records all I know is he was in the Royal Fusilers. his name is Arthur Thomas Venables and his DofB is 27th June 1897.He was born in Shorditch East London.I Have not found anything on Ancestry but National Arcives have Medal Records. These give just names, How do you know which one you want. If I purchased the one I think might be him will it have D of B or address on, so I can make sure it his him. Help please, I know he was in receipt of a pension in June 1920 by his first childs Birth Cert.

ANY HELP GREATFULLY RECEIVED.

HACKNEY GIRL

Mike

Mike Report 18 Dec 2007 11:26

Could this be him,

British Army WWI Pension Records 1914-1920
about Alfred Venables
Name: Alfred Venables
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
Age at enlistment: 18
Residence: 8 Gorsuch St, Hackney Road E I
Document Year: 1917
Regimental Number: 75220
Number of Images: 7

I'ts the only one from that area i can see

Christine

Christine Report 18 Dec 2007 12:40

Mike Alfred was his brother I have these records.

SH Rat
All I have is the words, War Pensioner, Private Royal Fusilers. on his first childs birth Cert June 1920. There is a Medal card for a Arthur Venables Royal Fusilers, but as they dont give any info on I supose ill have to get it and hope their is some info to link with my Arthur.
Their was a Shoreditch TA the 1/4th London. he could have joined but i have no proof. Any other ideas anyone.

Christine

Christine Report 18 Dec 2007 18:18

nudge