Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brill, Buckinghamshire.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Dec 2007 16:07

Does anyone have any knowledge of Brill c.1907.

My Grandparents married there - but I can't think why as both were from London.

There's no family connection, so I can only assume it was to do with work.

Thanks,

M. Steer

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 18 Dec 2007 17:46

If you get the marriage certificate it will give you their addresses at time of marriage..there may be a clu...or the witnesses may help...perhaps grandparents lived there so they went there to marry? Or maybe they just ran away together!!

Suzanne

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Dec 2007 18:39

Suzanne,

I have their Marriage Certificate - 'Residence' for both is just Brill (no address).

The Witnesses were Grandma's cousins - from the North of England.

There were no relatives of either living in Brill.

It's romantic to think they 'ran away' - but Grandma was a Widow with 3 children.

Thanks,

M. Steer

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 18 Dec 2007 20:32

Just googled Brill..the name seems to include a place called Little London..just a thought.

Suzanne