Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer or Printer Problem.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Huia

Huia Report 19 Dec 2007 03:33

I have been trying to print off one or two old PMs so that I can look at the info easily, but if I use the print button below the PM it skips the occasional line, whereas if I go to File>Printpreview>Print it doesnt skip them. What is the problem with the print button on the PM pages? Is it GR trying to thwart me?
Huia.

Huia

Huia Report 19 Dec 2007 18:07

But there is a print page option at the bottom of the PMs and I dont understand why it doesnt print it correctly. It is quite alright when I go to File>Preview>Print. I have never worked out how to copy and paste, have tried all sorts but doesnt work. Perhaps it is my computer. Anyway I dont want to save it in a different place.
Huia.

Huia

Huia Report 21 Dec 2007 01:36

File>preview>print is probably just as easy as copy/paste/print. GRs print button should be quicker, but I want to know why it misses some lines out altogether.
Huia.

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 Dec 2007 11:29

I am sure you must be able to copy and paste on your computer.

Put the cursor at one end of the text to be copied.
Hold down the left mouse button and drag to the other end, the text will acquire a blue background.
Release the left button.
Place the cursor on the highlighted section.
Click the right button and select "Copy".

Go to wherever you want to put the text.
Click the right button and select "Paste".

Huia

Huia Report 21 Dec 2007 17:39

Thank you SH Rat for understanding what I am trying to say. I suppose you are right, another GR thing which is far from perfect. I wonder if it is worth sending the team a message asking them why it doesnt work properly. But then they never seem to answer questions that they are asked but give an unrelated reply.
Huia.