Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone recomend a good site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 20 Dec 2007 10:20

my ancestry subs have run out & i dont posess credit card to renew so i thought why not have a change iv'e got most of what i can from there anyway, being retired i get my monies worth. also if i change will i have to run different family tree software. Thanks Chek

Tiger Lil

Tiger Lil Report 20 Dec 2007 10:42

Hi there,

You could try The Genealogist - I subscribe to both this and Ancestry. The Genealogist sometimes has more accurate transcribing and when you search the census records it display the current address in the results which is uesful. You do have to search by county which is not so good if you don't know the county where your relatives lived. It also has various other databases that could be useful.

The site often runs free trials - check and see if there is an offer at present.

Lynn

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 20 Dec 2007 10:46

thanks lynn will give it a look. Chec

Checkypig

Checkypig Report 20 Dec 2007 11:24

Hi Lynn been for a look 30 day free trial im regisered & up & running thanks a bunch for your advice. Merry Christmass. Chec