Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can someone help me look up please???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 15:46

I can find a Thomas Shea (born 1878 approx) on the 1891 census as being 13 and born in Dukinfield Cheshire, but when I try and find anything after - up to his marriage to Maria Carpenter on May 19th 1904 can't find a thing.

Tried looking up his birth certificate using the records on here but draw a blank

Can anyone help - got the marriage certificate for 1904 - it lists him as being 25, a bachelor and gives his address at time of marriage. No fathers name listed.....

Help Please
Bev x x

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Dec 2007 15:53

There is this birth on FreeBMD

Mar Q 1876
Shea Thomas Stephen Warrington 8c 217

Jennifer

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Dec 2007 15:56

If I've got the right census in 1891 his mother was Mary Shea and single.

Jennifer

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Dec 2007 15:58

Forget the birth up there, Thoma Stephen Shea is married to Bridget in 1901

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 16:01

Hi everyone

Your all much better at this than I am

On the 1891 census he is listed (well I think its him) as living with Mary Shea (single) and a Joseph Shea but when I try and find him elsewhere I have no luck whatsoever

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 16:03

Maria Carpenter married him in 1904 - she lived at 13 Ogden Square on the census for 1901. Now the twist is there is a Mary Shea listed as living at number 10 on the record but not the same one as listed on the 1891

Reason being that 1891 listed as born in Tipparary Ireland but 1901 listed as Warrington.

thought this was the link but now I'm even more confused

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Dec 2007 16:15

Beverley I saw that entry for Mary Shea too and wondered if it was her. The occupation for Mary in 1891 was Frame Tenter Cotton Mill and in 1901 the occ is Cotton Winder.

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 16:15

I'm no good at this detective lark and think this is one thing I won't be able to solve.. Too confusing!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for trying....

HAPPY XMAS

Bev x

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Dec 2007 16:27

Beverley this could be his brother Joseph's birth:

SHEA Joseph Ashton 8d 437 Dec 1880

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 16:31

Trying to find the entry that Lynne posted earlier to see if his address was the one on the marriage certificate. - this is listed as 12 Montague Street, Ashton for 1904. (on the 1901 census that is)

Is there any way I can do it on the census by address?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 23 Dec 2007 16:36

1901...address is...

101 Town Lane (looks like TOWN?)
Dukinfield, Lancashire

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 16:42

Still cant find it... what am I doing wrong??????

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 16:57

Got to go now but any more help is really appreciated. This is the only info I have on him and I really am stuck... Will apply for a birth certificate if I could find it which would probably answer all my questions

Thanks again everyone for all youe help, but it looks like I'm going to find more info on his brother than him

Thomas Shea - 25 when married in 1904
Maria Carpenter spouse.
Lived in Ashton Under Lyne when married
Labourer listed as profession on certificate
No parents names listed

Bev x x

Beverley

Beverley Report 23 Dec 2007 17:11

Maria was 19 when she married him and her whole family is listed on 1901 census as living in Ogden Square, Dukinfield

Beverley

Beverley Report 26 Dec 2007 13:22

Hi Lynne

Thanks alot for al your help I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Just need to find a birth certificate so may have to trawl through different spellings.

Thanks again
Bev x