Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FTM 2005 - now on Vista - Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2007 18:14

Hi,

I have a new computer which uses windows vista.

I have re-installed my FTM 2005 and wish to transfer my data.

I had a message on re-installing that "windows cannot install the Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 kernal-mode print drive"

What does this mean and do I have to do anything to make this work correctly?

Thanks,

Dea x

stargazer

stargazer Report 26 Dec 2007 18:30

Hi Dea
I had a similar problem using vista but with ftm 2006. I had to download a patch from the ftm site (I think).

Jan

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 26 Dec 2007 19:11

The FTM helpcentre provides an update and info on the upgrade required.

see

http://pastftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pastftm.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2777&p_created=1170200114&p_sid=8kuaEbUi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD12aXN0YQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Yes it IS a genuine url.

Glen

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2007 19:14

HHHHHiiiiiiiiiiiiii Glen - LONG time no speak !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to hear from you.!!

I can't get the link to work - can you put it up again for me please?

Dea x

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 26 Dec 2007 19:26

I'll pm it to you

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 26 Dec 2007 19:39

Alternatively go to;
http://pastftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pastftm.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Then simply vista in the keyword search box. This brings up the answer and link to the vista update patch.

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2007 20:05

Thanks Glwn - I think that has worked - will check it out properly tomorrow !

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 27 Dec 2007 13:44

Hi again,

Sorry Glen (slip of the finger - called you Glwn on last post and it won't let me edit to correct).

Next problem is - Now I have installed FTM on my new Vista Machine (from the original disc), it won't connect me to Ancestry on the 'web search'

I now appear to have another Ancestry account - I think it is waiting for me to sign up for the free trial?).

However, I am already subscribed and just want to link up to my existing account.

I have e-mailed for technical help but haven't yet received a reply.

If you DO know of a simple solution, please let me know - If not, don't spend any time looking as I will just wait for the site to reply.

Many thanks,

Dea x

P.S. - I did SO love my 'old' computer !!!!!!

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 27 Dec 2007 17:20

When you register FTM make sure you use the same details as your existing Ancestry subscription. Username, password etc should all be as your existing subscription to allow the websearch option to work.

If you enter anything incorrectly then the websearch won't recognise your subscription.

Glen

Dea

Dea Report 27 Dec 2007 18:02

Thnks Glen,

I am sure I did all that - BUT it gave me another user name as it said mine was already in use!!

Don't worry - it will sort itself out !!

Dea x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Dec 2007 21:36

I am going to watch this one as I have the 2008 upgrade to load with a free Ancestry trial, I am also on Vista and already an Ancestry subscriber. i wll hold off loading mine until you have an answer I think so could I ask you to post your answer please when you have it. Thank.

Ann
Glos

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 28 Dec 2007 01:06

When I re installed mine about 4 months ago it 1st told me my name was different, I used the ancestry freephone number and they sorted it out there and then on the phone ,,,

Babs

Dea

Dea Report 28 Dec 2007 16:43

Hi all.

Thanks for the input.

I eventually decided to send a message to the site who replied within a day, having deleted my other accounts - They said to re-register and it would all now work !!!

Miraculously it did !!

Thanks to everyone for advice.

Dea x