Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my Past - has anyone access please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 26 Dec 2007 18:30

Wondering whether any kind soul has access to the Passenger Lists on Find my Past? If so wondered if they would be kind enough to do a look up for me?

Constance Fox (may even be in her maiden name of Archer) b c1905 any time after 1931
Thanks in advance for any help
Jackie

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2007 18:46

I have access - what are you looking for?

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 26 Dec 2007 19:01

442 results - can you give more details please???

Dea x

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 26 Dec 2007 22:37

Hi Dea
Sorry so long in getting back, Christmas and all that stuff! I'll try and be brief.
Constance Archer b c1905 (my paternal gran) m. Fred Fox 1927, left him & 2 boys approx early 1931, can't find any trace of her at all, so started to explore the poss. of her going abroad. My dad is 80 yrs old and would like a conclusion before it's too late for him. If any one can help would be really really grateful. I can't even find a birth cert for her. All I got is her m. cert to my grandad 1927.
Thanks and sorry to waffle
Granny Bangles xx

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Dec 2007 23:22

Who was her father? Where did the marriage occur?

Reg

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 27 Dec 2007 19:39

Hi Reg
Sorry it's taken so long to get back am trying to juggle loads of thinks and am having to go off again now but

The marriage occurred 2 Aug 1927 at St. Aidan Church, Leeds. Her father is down as Samuel Archer Boiler Maker.
Thanks
Jackie

Dea

Dea Report 28 Dec 2007 16:56

Hi,

Have checked all passenger records - No Archers or Fox's who could fit on the lists at the time you mentioned.

Sorry,

Dea x

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 29 Dec 2007 13:46

Hi Dea
Thank you so much for checking all the list's, it was really kind of you.
Thanks again
Happy New Year
Jackie x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Dec 2007 14:03

It doesn't mean she did not go abroad, just that she does not appear on FindmyPast site !!

I will 'keep a look-out' for her.

Dea x

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 29 Dec 2007 17:42

Hi Dea
Thanks for your help and keeping a look out for me.
Am a newbie and struggling a bit with "refreshing" the board to see if any replies have come in, could you poss. help pls?
Thanks
Jackie x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Dec 2007 18:19

Hi Jackie,

If you are a 'newbie' - I would be pleased to help.

Can you give me a couple of weeks to get over the festivities AND the fact that my husband has bought me a new computer which has b***** up my research!

If you srtill need help in a couple of weeks - contact me again and I would be VERY pleased to help.

Dea x