Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FTM for Christmas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 26 Dec 2007 18:55

I have been the lucky recipient (I think!!) of the Who Do You Think You Are? Family Tree Maker.

Is this the same as 2006? It states on it new version, has clips from Series 3, but I can't see a date anywhere.

I can use a computer ok if its uncomplicated but I have read of a few problems with FTM 2008, so am a tad wary until I know for sure.

Thank you

Lynda

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 26 Dec 2007 19:07

Install the disc and on the top of the screen hit "help" then click on "System Information".

This will bring up some details including version of FTM being used.

2005 and 2006 are so similiar you wouldn't notice much difference in use. The major difference is that 2006 offers (separate) internet backup of your tree whereas 2005 doesn't.

Glen

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 26 Dec 2007 19:14

Thank you Glen

Can't wait to get started now!

Lynda

Carol

Carol Report 27 Dec 2007 20:52

The W.D.Y.T.Y.A. edition is FTM version 2005.

Carol
www.genealogyprinters.com

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Dec 2007 21:31

I have the list from the TWR web site in front of me. Who do you think you are Family tree maker 2006 UK single CD is:
Family Tree Maker 2006 complete full version. This pack is identical to the Family Tree Maker 2006 UK edition single CD pack Released September 2006.

I had the 2008 upgrade for Christmas.

Ann
Glos

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 27 Dec 2007 23:10

Thank you Ann.
I have been a bit wary about 2008 after reading some posts and I need it to be simple.
Hope you get on ok with your upgrade and enjoy it.

Lynda