Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHICH WEB SITE IS THIS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Dec 2007 15:17

Some time ago someone kindly did a search for me for children born since 1901 Mother Clara Day and father John Moorer.

She was able to search both the father and the mothers name and found lots of information for me including 2 children who I had previously known nothing.. I have an ancestry sub and was going to treat myself to a sub to another site but I cannot decide which one. I have previously had a sub to findmypast but I do not think that this was where the information came from. Does anyone have an idea of which site she may have used. Or can anyone recommend a really good site.

Thanks kathy

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 27 Dec 2007 15:26

Kathy, its sounds as if it is www.familysearch.org the LDS church site. The site lists baptisms (some births if lucky), marriages and some burials.
Some records are extracted, some are submitted and need to be confirmed.
The records can be search by "batch number" when one event is known.

The deletion below was me I accidently double posted.

EDIT familysearch will probably not have many records if any post 1901, so forget that, sorry.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Dec 2007 15:55

If you look back through your threads, you can find the info, and ask the person who provided it, by sending him/her a PM

Reg

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 27 Dec 2007 16:44

Reggie thanks for the tip I have found the site
Familyrelatives.org

Does any one use this site? is it any good???

Kathy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Dec 2007 16:44

Why not check it out? There's bound to be info on the home page......

Reg

Heather

Heather Report 27 Dec 2007 23:19

familyrelatives.org I used to use for the period 1866-1920 if I couldnt find a bmd on freebmd - that period is name searchable.

I should think your correspondent used it to do a search for the 1911 onwards period looking for children born with a particular surname and a mothers matching maiden name for the info she found for you.

Always try freebmd first before you waste credits on familyrelatives.org as more and more entries are being transcribed on there.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 7 Jan 2008 10:35

Heather

Thanks for the reply. I have limited funds so I did not want to pay for something I might no need or use.

I do not mind paying for something I can really use to help with my search. I have a subscription to ancestry which I use all the time.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply