Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What are the Numbers in brackets?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 27 Dec 2007 23:28

Hi Everyone. I'm just putting together my tree and could use some advice. My grandma had three children to three partners. I've put this into my tree, and now her name appears twice, with "(5)" written after each. I was hoping for ONE mention of her name, and then the three partners stemming off that!

sorry if this sounds complicated but that's for reading this -

Julia xx

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 27 Dec 2007 23:34

Sounds like something has been put in wrongly somewhere.

The way to enter the info is to add a partner and then any children.

Click on her name again and add the next partner and children, continue like that until all the names have been entered.

Tou might well need to delete all the children and their fathers then start again.

Glen