Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Membership details

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 28 Dec 2007 06:15

Hi,

Is there any way that I can find out when a member joined Genes and how many people they have on their tree?

I know you could do this before the format changes and it was very handy when waiting for a reply to know if they had joined recently. More likely they will reply if they have joined recently. Was less likely if they had joined a while back and only had themselves in their tree.

Thanks for any help
Anne

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 28 Dec 2007 09:00

Their membership number will give an indication of when they joined but that may have no bearing on how many they have on their GR tree.
Many serious researchers have very few people showing but have a vast background of information about many others.

Gwyn

Thelma

Thelma Report 28 Dec 2007 09:51

If you access them via "search trees" you will get their number.
Click on my name and my number will appear in the address bar,by highlighting.
I cannot seem to find how many are in someone's tree.
Remember there are more non paying members than paying and they will not be able to see your tree.
Some people put their tree on here and have no interest in making contact.

Anne

Anne Report 28 Dec 2007 10:24

Thanks for your replies .

Guess I am just a little inpatient, when I know this person is a relative. Have been trying to find a contact on this side of the family for ages.

I am not interested in the size of their tree just on their ability to respond to my message. If they are an old member more likely their email addy has changed and they have not changed their details on Genes.

But this member has a no in the 8000000's so I am thinking they are fairly new .

Just have to try to be patient. I have been doing this for nearly 3 years . It is not getting any easier waiting for replies.

Anne