Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please re. Headstones & Burial records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 28 Dec 2007 14:03

I have ancestors buried in Danycraig cemetery, Swansea. Plot numbers 919B, Thomas family and 921B Davies family.
The Thomas grave has an inscription for Thomas Thomas 1874-1894 who drowned in San francisco harbor, so the 1st question is, would he have to be buried there for him to have an inscription on the grave stone.
The Davies grave has an inscription for Mary E Davies died aged 6 months, I am unable to find a death certificate for her so my 2nd question is, would the burial records give me information as to when she died and when she was buried.
Any help would be appreciated.
Best wishes for the new year, Marilyn

Alistair

Alistair Report 28 Dec 2007 14:25

I have a gg-grandfather, on the family headstone, who was lost at sea.