Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FTM Deluxe or Ancestry for a month?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neil

Neil Report 28 Dec 2007 19:54

Just a quick question - was considering getting a month's sub to Ancestry as i can't afford the full year. Whilst doing this i was also going to buy FTM 2006 from ebay when i noticed the deluxe version for about £20 ish. According to the blurb it says it includes 180 days ancestry access.

My question is - does anyone know if there are any catches/restrictions? Will a 2006 version still give me 180 days access?

Thanks.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Dec 2007 20:09

Try giving them a ring

0800 404 9723 its a free phone number

Roy

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 28 Dec 2007 21:16

Be a bit wary of the free access for 180 days, some of these offers have expired now. If it is a genuine offer that is still available then go for it, the programme is worth the money alone but if the 180 days access has finished you are better getting the basic programme for the current offer price of £5-6.

Glen

Neil

Neil Report 28 Dec 2007 21:25

Thanks for the info/advice guys.

As the software is on ebay it's hard to tell if it's still available so might not be worth the risk.

Keith

Keith Report 28 Dec 2007 22:56

Or Play.com have it for £5.99 including postage and 30 day access to Ancestry

Keith

Heather

Heather Report 28 Dec 2007 22:59

There you go, what a bargain for £5.99!!! Check out those sites anyway to see if they give even better offers re the free sub.

Oh, and you dont need the de luxe edition - it has some cds which Ive yet to hear anyone has found of any use.

Hollyd

Hollyd Report 4 Jan 2008 22:29

Just for info - went to order it today at play.com and it's out of stock.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 4 Jan 2008 22:31

Try your local Morrison's supermarket if you have one.

Hollyd

Hollyd Report 4 Jan 2008 22:34

Thanks Claire had a look in there today too - no luck there either. It's just not my day!!!

Keith

Keith Report 8 Jan 2008 22:24

Keep trying Play.com, they were out of stock when I first looked, but had new stock within days.

You can order even though they are out of stock & they will post to you when new stock arrives (it wont take long)

Keith

Keith

Keith Report 20 Jan 2008 13:55

Now back in stock at Play.com. Still £5.99

Keith