Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding current address?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 28 Dec 2007 21:19

Is there anyway I can find the current address of a relative ?
We were corresponding re family history for some time, but now I have been off the pc for nearly a year and we have both moved.
Can anyone tell me how to go about finding them, please?
I would be very grateful for any help.

Victoria

Victoria Report 28 Dec 2007 22:56

Hi Jean,

Have you checked www.192.com. They sometimes have phone numbers and addresses. Also, www.onlinesearches/info - you pay £2.75 for unlimited searches in hour and you can search on name.

BW

Jane

Jean

Jean Report 28 Dec 2007 23:52

Many thanks, Libby and Jane. Where do I find elelectoral roles? I don't live near where I think she will be.
Will try tomorrow. I just came back to the comp to see if there were any replies. Must go to bed now, but again thank you for your help.

Jean

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 Dec 2007 08:54

I believe Electoral lists are compiled from information gathered in the October of the previous year, so if the person moved after October 2006, the lists may not help.

Could you try contacting the old address with just a brief note and write... Please Forward...on the outside of the envelope and a return address on the back.?
Alternatively if there was a landline number it is possible that you could contact that way.

Gwyn

Victoria

Victoria Report 29 Dec 2007 08:57

www.onlinesearches/info holds the current electoral roll if you have a look as does 192 but it is far dearer.

BW

Jane