Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral list - lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 29 Dec 2007 12:40

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a lookup site that is both not too expensive and reliable for searching for living relatives, say maximum of half a dozen names.
Many thanks
Paul

newsboy

newsboy Report 29 Dec 2007 13:15

www.192.com gives those on electoral roll for recent years unless the person has ticked the box for privacy option. Free unless you need more details.

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 29 Dec 2007 13:28

Hi Sandy,
192.com will show up names you are looking for but no further information unless you take out a subscription.
Quote:
"While credits are the currency of 192.com, in order to be able to use your credits to search Historical Electoral Roll information from 2002-2006 you will also need to purchase an annual extended archive membership. This is a one-off annual payment of £149.99."

This is definitely out of my budget range.

Many thanks
Paul

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 29 Dec 2007 13:30

Paul, have you put the details on the Trying to Find board? if you know the geographical area there will probably be a GR member not to far away from it that can help

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 29 Dec 2007 13:37

Hi Colin,
Placing information on trying to find 'living relatives' could be a bit tricky especially if they are unaware of who you are. Some lovely people have in the past done the searches for me but this time I thought I should do it myself, but within my price bracket.
Many thanks
Paul

Carol

Carol Report 29 Dec 2007 14:58

Hi Paul
I am registered with an electoral roll site.
http://www.onlinesearches.info/

Prices are reasonable as you can see.

Send me the details in a message and I will look for you.
Dont put the name on here.

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 29 Dec 2007 15:17

Hi Carol,
Many thanks for your kind offer. I have sent you an email.
Bye
Paul