Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need some help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hannah

Hannah Report 29 Dec 2007 16:29

I've got back to the 1841 Census now the only way I can go any further back is by Parish records etc.

Is there anyway I can search them online or do I have to go to Cornwall?

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 29 Dec 2007 16:39

No you can buy CD's or view on line. Try looking at:
www.genealogysupplies.com
www.thegenealogist.co.uk
www.parishregister.co.uk/index.php
or have a look at the Cornish family history site at:
www.cornwallfhs.com/

Cathy in Portsmouth

Cathy in Portsmouth Report 29 Dec 2007 16:41

Hi Hannah
You can google Cornwall OPC and there are quite a lot of cornish parishes covered. he info varies from parish to parish but its worth a look. I have found some information myself on there.
Cathy

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 29 Dec 2007 17:00

Hi Hannah

Try searching online at FamilySearch.org, registration and everything is free to view.
Once on their search page, simply enter surname and country as England. Leave everything else blank and hit the search button. The Pedigree and Resource files can be useful sources. The IGI files can be narrowed by hitting refine search and selecting Cornwall in county list.
If my experience is anything to go by, you will find an amazing amount.
Best of luck

Hannah

Hannah Report 2 Jan 2008 15:11

Thanks all

I've still got stuck but I've moved onto another family branch and found people that I didn't think I'd be able to find because of problems along the line!