Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Berkshire Parish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 29 Dec 2007 17:18

I have carried out a quick search on the threads for these registers and no results shown. Does anyone know where I can find the marriage for a William Pill and Ann Kimbrey around 1780 please in Shellingford area Berkshire. I have looked on IGI and no joy.
Thanks
Di

Joan

Joan Report 29 Dec 2007 17:54

Di
I had a look around but couldn't finf anything...
There is this submitted record on familysearch.org
Submitted records can be wildly wrong but does this fit in at all with what you know???

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William PYLL Pedigree
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 27 MAR 1783 Of, Shellingford, Berkshire, England

Death: 05 JUL 1866

Burial:

Parents:
Father: William PYLL Family
Mother: Ann KIMBRAY

Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church. No additional information is available. Ancestral File may list the same family and the submitter.

Source Information:
No source information is available.

Joan

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 29 Dec 2007 18:00

Lesley/Joan
Thank you ladies. The info is helpful and yes Wm b1873 is related. I have other sibling details for Wm B1873 but just wanted the marriage confirming. Lesley, will do as you suggest and contact BerksFHS Research Centre.
Di

Joan

Joan Report 29 Dec 2007 18:33

Di
In case you don't know...someone has a tree on ancestry for your Pylls.
The details of the marriage aren't given but William is given as born Syde Gloucestershire,1760
If you don't have an ancestry sub. email me and I can relay details!
Joan

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 29 Dec 2007 18:52

Hi Joan
Thanks, I have an Ancestry sub and currently looking through all the trees. LOL
Di

Huia

Huia Report 29 Dec 2007 19:46

Dont forget that trees on Ancestry can also be wildly wrong, e.g. my sister was m to a man b in 1723! I know it was my sister as quite a few people had our parents as well, with dads correct y.o.b. of 1899.
Huia.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 29 Dec 2007 20:11

Di put this queery on another thread as well and I have answered it on there(Faringdon Parish Registers)
as Ann Kimbrey is my ancester and I have info on the PILLs too.

Happy New Year

Bet

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 29 Dec 2007 20:32

Huia and Elizabeth.
Thank you for your comments and info. I have given up on Ancestry as I have found an error already.
Di