Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2 death registrations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

driven insane!!!

driven insane!!! Report 1 Jan 2008 13:25

i could not find a married couple in 1881 census at all. on getting their sons marriage cert, i found that the father was deceased when son married in 1882. but i couldnt find the mother anywhere on her own.
now i have found the fathers death in 1879 and lo and behold his wife on the same page!
their deaths are the same quarter, year etc. however, his is registered in his birth county and hers in her birth county, any ideas?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jan 2008 13:33

Is the name fairly uncommon?....Are you fairly sure it's her....or could she have remarried?

A widow might go to her family area for help / shelter.

Gwyn

driven insane!!!

driven insane!!! Report 1 Jan 2008 13:36

hi all the details are exactly right.....

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2008 15:15

I can imagine a wife or husband going to their home place after the death of a spouse....even if only for a visit.
Was there a question of getting Poor Relief?
Joan