Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1ST CHAIRMAN DUNFERMALINE ATHLETIC CLUB

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diann

Diann Report 1 Jan 2008 22:46

LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE PERSON NAME ALEXANDER FOSTER (SANDY) CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE HE WAS MY GRANDFATHER. ADVISED TO TRY HERE HOPE YOU MAY BE OF HELP

motherhen

motherhen Report 1 Jan 2008 23:10

Hi Diann

I stay in the Dunfermline area. I don't know much about the history of the Pars myself but the local newspaper "The Dunfermline Press" should have some information.The local library in Dunfermline set up a database about topics in its newspaper ( I think it goes back to 1859) and I know football was one of the topics. How I know is because I was on the team who researched the paper for the articles!.

Let me know if I can help

Diana

Thelma

Thelma Report 1 Jan 2008 23:30

There is a club forum why not ask them.

http://www.dafc.info/forum/list.php?f=1

Diann

Diann Report 2 Jan 2008 09:25

To Diana & Jim Thank you both so much for your help yes Diana ifyou could help me it is kind of you to offer and allso to Jim I will try this Email that you have given to me Thank you for these new leeds

motherhen

motherhen Report 3 Jan 2008 12:34

Hi Diann

I have sent you a pm.

Diana