Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANCESTRY RENEWAL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pandora

Pandora Report 2 Jan 2008 17:25

Forgive my ignorance. Can any of you help me please?

I am a paid up annual member of Ancestry but what happens on my renewal date?

If I don't cancel will the membership automatically be renewed for another year?

Are there any other sites such as the above that anyone would recommend as being faster, easier to negotiate etc.

*Sarah*

*Sarah* Report 2 Jan 2008 17:39

The subscription will renew automatically.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 2 Jan 2008 18:04

Your subscription will be automatically renewed if you dont cancel, they will take the money off your card.

I have not found a better site than Ancestry, I have been a member for about three or four years now and dont think there is another one about which gives so much information.

Marilyn

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 2 Jan 2008 18:05

Pandora, I would suggest cancelling, if you do decide to continue, after you have cancelled, they will normally offer you a 20% reduction to sign up again

Pandora

Pandora Report 2 Jan 2008 18:09

Thank you Keith, that is something worth bearing in mind. Should I wait till the last day do you think?

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 2 Jan 2008 20:54

Pandora, My Ancestry sub runs out at the end of the month, I`m going to cancel and then hopefully get offered it at a reduced rate. {I do love a bargain} I know it will probably mean being without for a few weeks, but it will give me a chance to go through all my paperwork info, work on my tree, and maybe even spend less time on the computor in general. I`m sure there is life after Ancestry!!

Nicky