Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it only me...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Jan 2008 11:12

Is it only me that cannot see their family tree or any other tree`s that I have permission to see. It`s been like it for a couple of days, and I have asked GR why but have had no reply as yet.

Pat.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 5 Jan 2008 11:15

Mine's ok. Are you getting a "pop blocker" message?

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Jan 2008 11:28

All that I get is the name of the person`s tree, or "your tree" when its my own, but nothing else appears. No names at all. No message about pop ups or anything else.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Jan 2008 14:29

Try clearing down your Internet Temp Files. If you haven't done this for some time the cache may be full which prevents the tree from loading fully.

Sheila

Sheila Report 29 Feb 2008 20:56

Hi,
Also having trouble accessing 'full'tree,How do I clear down my Internet temp files?
Sheila

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Feb 2008 21:03

Click on 'Tools' on your main toolbar......select Internet Options..then follow the prompts.

They vary depending on your system, but the principle is the same...........

Reg

Sheila

Sheila Report 29 Feb 2008 21:25

Hi,
Don't have internet options on my 'tools', just 'options' and after that I was lost.
Sorry!
Don'y know what i did but I have sorted h=the problem

Cheers

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 29 Feb 2008 21:33

HI Sheila theres a free program called windows advanced care v.2 personal you can download it and install it completley free it clears all sorts of unwanted things i have been using it for about 2 years now .......Just google it and you will get a down load link.....GARY....

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 1 Mar 2008 04:42

Wheee - 91 minutes to download!! No thanks
B

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 1 Mar 2008 05:37

Where do you get 91 minutes from? Just downloaded it in ten seconds.....!

Installation took a further three minutes, including creating a restore point. I will look at it in more detail later today. Thanks Gary

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 1 Mar 2008 08:20

I use that programme too and find it very good.

It's from Iobit.com, they also do a defrag programme which takes a lot less time than the windows one.

Christine

Sheila

Sheila Report 22 Aug 2008 21:24

Hi,
Is it possible to access a tree with over 23ooo names? I seem to be having trouble doing this.

Sheila

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 22 Aug 2008 21:54

Sheila

I don't know the 'real' answer but logic says that if they have managed to load a tree of that size, either manually or by a Gedcom, then you should be able to view it!

If you continue to have problems then I would suggest ...

1. Contact Genes and ask for their assistance.

and if that fails....

2. Ask the tree owner to send you the information for the line you are interested in by another method.

Hope you get it sorted

Chris

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 23 Aug 2008 02:53

You'll be able to see it in "immediate family" view, but "full view" doesn't seem to work with large trees.