Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could this be him

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 6 Jan 2008 22:10

My OH was adopted..............in touch with his birth Mum and she was able to give details about his father.............Name, approx age, went to prison for gettin a minor pregnant in 1963, able to give a rough idea of where he came from etc.

But nothing more than that....................I always thought it was a dead end until today and I thought I might just go and look on Friends reunited to see if anyone of that name and age was in the area in question etc

OMG I think I may have found him, it is all too much of a
co-incidence for it not to be / or it is wishful thinking..............There is even a gap in his profile when he would have been in prison.

But how do I contact him without giving too much away like our names and our school history etc

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Jan 2008 22:13

You could edit your profile so that not too much information is listed. Change you name etc.

Don't forget to include your email addresswith your message as only paid up members can respond.

Rose

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 6 Jan 2008 22:14

Just had a look Rose and it won't let me edit name, only marital status etc.

Got butterflies in my stomach as everthing matches from what we were told about him

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Jan 2008 22:20

If you go to the "my account" section I think you can edit your name.

Rose

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 6 Jan 2008 22:29

Will have a look, a member on General has offered to message the person on my behalf just to ask if he knew M***** , --------- OH's birth Mothers name,

Thanks Rose