Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 12 Jan 2008 06:32

...............can someone explain this too me?...............

Somebodies tree.............Your tree
First name(s)..Sarah........Alexander
Last name......Gallimore...McGregor
Year of birth....1796.........1790
Place of birth..Derbyshire.Scotland

Somebodies tree.............Your tree
First name(s)..Margaret....Alexander
Last name......Rennie.......McGregor
Year of birth....1788..........1790
Place of birth..Kilsyth........Scotland

Somebodies Tree.............Your tree
First name(s)....Barney.....Alexander
Last name........Mace.......McGregor
Year of birth.....1845.........1790
Place of birth....Suffolk......Scotland

I want to know how any of them can be considered "Hot Matches"?

...Anyone?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Jan 2008 07:33

It is called a bug. It happened to me once.

Whether or not it is something to do with the other person changing details in their tree I'm not sure, but report it to GR and they should fix it

Huia

Huia Report 12 Jan 2008 07:41

I have had that occurring occasionally. Most frustrating.
And when somebody with whom I am already in touch comes up as having another new hot match, it shows all the matches, and I dont know which one they have just added.
Huia.

LorraineG

LorraineG Report 12 Jan 2008 09:00

I have the same problem, the top hot match in my list does not match whatsoever, how do I report it to GR?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Jan 2008 12:02

To contact GR with a problem, click on the Contact us button near the bottom of the page, then on the Feedback link.

Make sure you describe the problem in sufficientl details and request that they provide a solution. If your message is vague it won't get individual attention and you will just receive a standard reply that it has been passed to development for future consideration.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Jan 2008 12:03

Huia,

Nice thought, but I don't think the HotMatch software has the capability to track new names for a particular member.

Alan

Alan Report 12 Jan 2008 13:31

This has been happening for so long I guess GR must know about it already. Hopefully they will fix it in future updates

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 12 Jan 2008 18:09

Thanks guys

This really annoys me, its been happening forever and if people have been complaining about it, then GR should be fixing it.

NEJ - I wouldnt be surprised! Lol.