Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Married woman, - How to find marriage?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Jan 2008 10:01

Is there an easy way to find a marriage, other than check quarter at a time from possible date?

When a great uncle's wife died in 1959, her death was registered by Daisy KEARNS, daughter.
We thought it was a childless marriage and I wonder if Daisy was born in 1897 as Daisy MOULDEY, ( registered with mother's maiden surname)

How can I find a possible MOULDEY / KEARNS marriage....or is it just a case of trawling through GRO.?

Gwyn

Joy

Joy Report 12 Jan 2008 10:06

Sorry, Gwyn, I can't think of any other way.
I must say I miss searching through the big books at the FRC in London, somehow it felt more 'real', actually feeling the books, if you see what I mean, rather than just clicking on the internet site.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Jan 2008 10:20

Joy
Yes it seems to be the way forward.
I agree.

...and handling parish registers which generations of a family have signed is a big plus too.
The marriage register for a particular village in Herefordshire was only half filled when it was called in, in 2004.
The same book was started in 1837( it is a small place ).....so many ancestors must have handled it....

I digress.......

Gwyn

Joy

Joy Report 12 Jan 2008 10:31

Oh yes, reminds me of when I was in Gulval in Cornwall, and the parish register was still in the safe in the church. I was allowed to sit and read and copy from it - wonderful! - to actually see the signatures of my family. Digressing is good.

Corey

Corey Report 26 Apr 2008 17:42

Hello Gwyn

Please let me know if you have any more information on Daisy. I would also like to find who her parents were. All I know is that she was born in the 1st quarter of 1897.
In the 1901 census for Swindon, Wilts. she was 4 yrs old and listed as visiting George Poole and his wife Sarah A. (nee Mouldey). George and Sarah had 2 daughters close in age to Daisy. I am quite certain Daisy was a daughter of one of Sarah's sisters Emma b.1868, Dorcas b.1871, Annie b.1876 or Kate b.1878. I have ruled out one other sister Rosa b.1871 who married Geo. Wilson in Sept 1896. Rosa had an illegitimate son E. Wilfred Mouldey in 1891.

Regards
Corey
Ottawa, Canada