Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do I look for an Irish Marriage?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 16 Jan 2008 15:21

Hi

I am trying to find the marriage of Annie Standing and George Kiely.

Annie was born c 1889 in either Portsmouth or Southampton.

She married George Kiely in Ireland possibley Limerick area and their first child Micheal was born in Limerick in 1911.
Annie and George are both Protestant.

I have had a look for Annie of the 1901 Census but there are too many to be sure which one is her so if I could find her marriage it would really help.

My Gt Aunt, son Micheal's younger sister has given me this information. Iknow that Annie died in the early 1950's and where she is buried. But if I coudl find her marriage I might be able to find her in 1901.

Cheryl

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 17 Jan 2008 15:34

nudge

Heather

Heather Report 17 Jan 2008 15:38

You could enter a search on Tips Board for "Irish" which will bring up threads to help you.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 17 Jan 2008 15:40

Hi Heather

Doh!! never thought of that!!!

Thanks
Cheryl

Fran

Fran Report 17 Jan 2008 17:19

If you can get to a family history centre(L.D.S.)you will be able to look this up as they have Irish B.M.Ds
Fran

Fian

Fian Report 17 Jan 2008 23:11

Hi
Sorry Fran we no longer have this information as Ancestory stopped giving us access to their web site. It will only be in the larger centres and the two main centers London and Preston.
I will check with my centre administrator to see if he know of any others that may have this information I know we dont where i work.
Fian

Fran

Fran Report 18 Jan 2008 10:21

Fian,I didn't mean Ancestry.Last time I visited the Family History Centre in Liverpool they had Irish B.M.Ds on film.I thought all the centres had these films.
Fran

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 23 Jan 2008 11:29

Hi All

Thanks for your suggestions.

INis:

1911 Limerick Index looks promising as both George and Annie rasied their children in Patrickswell.

Unfortunately do not have Micheal's birth certificate, he died about 20 years ago and I'm not sure where to get a copy from..

Is the 1911 Index online? if so where?as I have other Irish Relatives from the Patrickswell area that I'm looking for.

Fran:

How do I find out if Liverpool LDS still has Irish BMD's

Cheryl x

Fran

Fran Report 23 Jan 2008 13:45

Cheryl,
The telephone number is 0151 228 0433
They are not open every day.Perhaps if you go to the family search.org site you will get more information.
The centre is at 4,Mill Bank,Liverpool
Fran