Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 18 Jan 2008 10:36

hi i wonder if someone could look on the 1861 census for me i have looked but had no luck. the family i am looking for is the ROBERTS family this is all the info i have on them

THOMAS ROBERTS married ELIZABETH JANE DAY in 1856 in south stoneham hampshire
Elizabeth was born c 1835 in South Stoneham Hampshire
no details for Thomas
Elizabeth already had a illigitemate daughter MARY JANE FANNY BOWDITCH DAY ( quite a mouthful !!) born June 1852 South Stoneham Hampshire.
any help would be great
thanks linda x

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2008 10:45

I'm looking

BRB

Carter

Carter Report 18 Jan 2008 10:48

thanks for that joy i am a northern so no knowledge of the area. but just googled both and think they are very close to one another
linda x x

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2008 10:56

sorry, I have failed, again. Would you believe it, there is a Mary Day born a few years earlier with other parents but in North Stoneham!

I edited the previous post because I realised it was the wrong person anyway.

Carter

Carter Report 18 Jan 2008 11:01

dont say you have failed. you have given me lots of help in the past and i am most grateful. the little buggers are just hiding away somewhere. thanks for looking
love linda x

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2008 11:02

Thank you, Linda - you could post that on the success board (joke!). Just going to have a coffee and shall have another look.

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2008 11:31

No, they're hiding somewhere. I hope someone else will see them.

Carter

Carter Report 18 Jan 2008 11:43

thanks anyway for looking its appreciated
linda x

Carter

Carter Report 18 Jan 2008 15:17

nudge just for a fresh pair of eyes or any bright ideas
thanks linda x

Carter

Carter Report 18 Jan 2008 22:54

anybody spot them anywhere at all
linda x