Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family History Centre

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 20 Jan 2008 11:30

Has anyone that is studying there family tree been to A Family History Centre, if so what are they like and did you find it very useful

colliemag

colliemag Report 20 Jan 2008 14:12

If you mean the Latter Day Saints Family History Centre then yes, I was taken there by a friend in the early days of researching my family tree, and they were extremely helpful. I had no idea where to start, and found my paternal grandparents as children on the 1881 census quite quickly. It whetted my appetite and I've now been able to do a lot on our home pc, with occasional visits to cross check things. They can also get hold of Parish Records and files on ancestors born in other countries. I think you'd find it's worth a visit, and don't be worried, they are super people, only too willing to help. And that's all they do - no pressure in any other direction!