Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

half siblings on a tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 21 Jan 2008 11:27

this has probably been asked before but i cannot add children from a previous relationship to my tree.

1 couple both had children from previous marriages when they married but if i add the second husband it shows up that the two men were parents to all of the children.

how do i add so it shows correctly?

Thanks. :)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jan 2008 11:28

Have you clicked on the names of the men, to check which children are actually shown as theirs?

Just a thought........

You have to enter both sets of 'first' partners.....if full details are not known, just put 'Unknown' where relevant

Reg

:) still smiling :) Report 21 Jan 2008 11:33

if i click the fathers name it comes up correctly but only shows the children from one marriage or another. same with the mother. if i go back to main screen the two sets of parents get confused and it only shows half the children.

Thelma

Thelma Report 21 Jan 2008 15:17

I am not sure if I fully understand but here goes.
Say for example you have husband and wife with several children.You then discover that some of the children have a different father.
Add this man to the wife,as a partner.
Now click on a child who has a wrong father.
Go to "edit tools"
"change parents"
There is a dropdown box in the white part of the screen
select correct parents
"change parents"

:) still smiling :) Report 21 Jan 2008 15:24

thanks jim. i see where you mean. will have a go at sorting it all. thanks again.