Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re Scotlands People- Copy of image request??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jan 2008 18:19

Can anyone please remind me how you apply for a copy of an image I can't read properly. I can't somehow find the correct bit to ask for a copy to be sent to me.

Betty

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Jan 2008 18:29

hi betty boo..

do you mean on-line or to home address,???

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jan 2008 18:52

Hi Kay,

Sorry for late reply, I mean when you go into Scotlands People and view an image but you can't read it becauase the scan they have done on the birth is so poor your just unable to read it. There is a bit on SP where you can apply for a copy to be sent to your home address, I have just forgotten where to go to apply for this.

Betty

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Jan 2008 19:04

I would suggest you email them explaining that you can't read the image available. They are pretty good at adjusting and resending
Saves money and credits
Sylvia

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Jan 2008 19:06

Betty,,

give them details of the image dates etc,,,use contact us ,-------------- in there is list to choose from,,,,,,,ask them if possible to rescan as the quality is poor to be eligable,,,they are very good ,,I had loads and they were brilliant..and retified the image,,to almost 100%

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 21 Jan 2008 19:27

Hi Sylvia and Kay,

They wont accept e-mails I tried it and they replied saying you have to use a section on SP to apply for copies of poor images, I just can't find the correct section on Scotlands People.

Betty

Val

Val Report 21 Jan 2008 19:53

Go in to contact us and there is a list of reasons for you to contact them click on them and send a message they will get back to you