Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding occupiers of a property

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roger

Roger Report 24 Jan 2008 20:28

Can anyone help?
I am trying to find out who occupied 58 chain Walk, Aston, Birmingham in october 1912. I am aware that my Grandmother Sarah jane Harris gave Birth to my father in 2 Back 58 Chain Walk, But I can't confirm the correct Sarah Jane. If anyone can advise me on who to contact, or has information which could be helpfull please visit the Trying to find boards for Harris.
Thank you for reading this
Roger

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2008 23:23

Women didnt get the vote til 1919 so I dont think the roll will help. The local records office may have rent books or something which would help?

Roger

Roger Report 25 Jan 2008 00:03

Thanks Gary and Heather
Gary, the only info I have is on my Fathers Birth Certificate, saying mother Sarah jane Harris Dressmaker, father not named. Living at 2bk 58 Chain Walk. I think she may have been sent there to have her Baby.
Thanks anyway
Roger

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jan 2008 10:57

Roger, did she go on to marry after your dad was born? If so, you can buy her marriage certificate and check on her fathers name and occupation and work backwards from that.

Roger

Roger Report 16 Feb 2008 09:53

Hi Heather
Thanks for that, I have no other info only my Fathers Birth Cert.
Thanks Roger