Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina1982

Georgina1982 Report 26 Jan 2008 20:32

I was wondering if there is anyway you can find out more about a certain member on here other than waiting for them to reply to you.
I am only asking as i am searching my cousin and i think he may be registered on here i have emailed a couple of times but no response,

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jan 2008 21:00

No, you will just have to hope for a response.

Of course, the person you are contacting may no longer be a member...........or may not be who you hope he is, so hasn't bothered to respond.

Reg

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 26 Jan 2008 21:31

You could try searching on Ancestry - he may have put a tree on there under a different e-mail address, or one that he checks more often.

Joan

Joan Report 27 Jan 2008 07:54

You could put the person's name on the search here and find thier age and place of birth......their name will have a tick by it as you have contacted them.

You could also put a few people who you would expect them to have in their tree in the search and see if they have them on their tree...
Joan