Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

St Georges Manchester - Please Can Anyone Advise

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 28 Jan 2008 19:16

Hi

I have one or two grandparents buried in St Georges area of Manchester, the church record saying the funeral was at St Georges church. As this church has now been converted into flats and the graveyard has moved, please has anyone any ideas where this may be or how will I find out where they are buried now.

There are still a couple of gravestones in the church yard (imagine having gravestones in your garden) but there must have been many more.

Please can anyone help, thanks a lot

Marilyn

Cyprus

Cyprus Report 28 Jan 2008 19:25

Marilyn-which St. George in Manchester are you speaking of?
Suggest you contact the town hall -as to where the remains were buried .

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 28 Jan 2008 20:01

It is around the Hulme area of Manchester but thanks a lot for your suggestion, I will check it out.

Thanks again

Marilyn