Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering certs online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 29 Jan 2008 15:42

Has anyone ever had any trouble ordering certs online. I ordered some the other day and my credit card was debited twice. Anyone else had this problem.

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 29 Jan 2008 16:18

Hi Sue

Was that via the GRO or a local Records Office? I always get mine online from the GRO and (touch wood!) have never had a problem.

Mandy :)

Susan

Susan Report 29 Jan 2008 16:20

Yes at the GRO. I have been in touch and hope to sort it out. I have to send a copy of my credit card statement to them with the said transactions on. Apparently other people have had problems, something to do with World Pay and their servers
First time its ever happened, just so annoying.

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 29 Jan 2008 16:43

That must have been annoying for you, Sue. Thanks for mentioning it though, because I ordered a cert yesterday and didn't take any notice of the payment process so will check my statement.

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 29 Jan 2008 17:14

I better check mine to be sure.

Josephine

Josephine Report 29 Jan 2008 17:55

Have ordered many certs from ONS over past 2 years with no problems but discovered today that certs requested last week had been charged for twice! Just when I was thinking that to order and receive certs within 5 days was brilliant service. Have queried the problem and awaiting their comments with interest.

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jan 2008 19:12

I ordered one last week - 5 days - but I checked my statement and only one went through so it must be intermittant.

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 29 Jan 2008 23:09

I have never had trouble before, but hastily ran to check bank statement online after reading this thread. To my horror TEN £7 had gone!
Sooooooooooo, I got my folder to check how many certificates had been charged for twice, and the answer was..............NONE lol. I have all ten!
Oh I cannot believe I have done that. The shame of this addiction. I wish I had known when I started just how addictive it can be.

Lynda
PS - These ten are all since Christmas!!

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 29 Jan 2008 23:11

LOL Lynda :-))

I've got an online receipt and it only seems to have gone through once, but I'll remember to check my next bank statement.