General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scared

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 11 Sep 2008 21:53

I spent 3 hours in A&E today! i had pain in chest radiating down left arm with pins and needles, sweating and out of breath on minimal exertion. Doc said all tests ok prob musculo-skeletal but couldn't rule out 100% cardiac. I'm 2 stone overweight n very unfit at moment and I've been scared witless today n my best friend got admited with chest pain tonight n she's only a couple of years older than me!!
Carol x

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 11 Sep 2008 21:55

What a fright for you Susan.

Hope you and your friend feel better soon xx

Easter Bunny

Easter Bunny Report 11 Sep 2008 21:56

hope you are ok,take extra care xxx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 11 Sep 2008 22:00

scary for you, they do rush round you too dont they
enough to ggive you chest pains in A&E

it sounds like the FM pains we get
thats muscular skeletal

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 11 Sep 2008 22:03

u take it easy hun
xxx

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 11 Sep 2008 22:09

They just love dishing out that muscular skeletal cop-out.
I fought for 2 years with similar attacks,when I eventaully got to harefield hospital the tests where you can see your arteries on a Tv screen showed a severely constricted vessel, and I was rushed off for an emergency op.!!
Then they had the cheek to ask me why I had left it so long???

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 11 Sep 2008 22:16

did you hit um lindsey

if theyd asked me that i would of,

ave yo got any anti inflamatrys carol

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Sep 2008 01:59

It's scary isn't it? I asked my doc to check me out the other day when I was there, as keep getting niggly pain in chest, everything gets blamed on the fm, but I have three relatives who have needed pacemakers so it scares me, and my parents both had heart attacks, as did many other members of my family.
The doc reckons I am fine, blood pressure was ok but I am overweight too so will have to make an effort to slim down a bit I suppose.
Hope your friend is ok.

Lizx

Colin from Hampshire

Colin from Hampshire Report 12 Sep 2008 14:28

Hi Susan :)

Sorry to hear you have been through this experience.
It is very scary and certainly makes us think. I went through a similar thing not so long ago ( Over Exertion ) now on a few different pills, cholesterol was high, heart beat has been irregular for years but im on beta blockers and also told to take asprin every day now.

If it wasnt for the scare I would have probably have left the complete overall I needed and now feel a whole lot fitter then I did a while back :)

I would like to bring up something here if I may.

I didnt put this up at the time but perhaps I should have done. It concerns diabetes and heart attacks.

I didnt know this myself but found out when my dad collapsed a few weeks ago and had a silent heart attack. Apparently people with diabetes do not always feel the pain of a heart attack although they may feel clammy, out of breath and the feeling of blacking out. One to be aware of and to look into for anyone with diabetes.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Terry

Terry Report 12 Sep 2008 14:47

Women do not have heart attacks in the same manner as men, which fools many a GP it is often a lot quieter in the begining, but if not treated just as deadly
But as Colin says not everyone gets the classic symptons, just feeling constantly tired can be an indicator, seldom but not unknown. Stomache aches, there is the problem everyone is wise after the event, but there again 90% of all aches and pains are over within a week or so.

Susan

Susan Report 5 Feb 2014 19:24

This wasn't my post it was my sister's - why it was on my site I do not know!!

Mersey

Mersey Report 5 Feb 2014 19:28

:-S :-S

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Feb 2014 19:34

Did your sister use your account at some point?

If you shared a PC at that time and you had been on GR without logging out then your sister could have just opened the browser click on the link to GR and bobs your aunty, She would then be on your GR account

Happens all the time on FB

Roy

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 5 Feb 2014 21:48

Hope you are feeling better now Carol.. my husband had the same thing years ago and had all the tests going but it dosnt stop you worrying .he has just come out of hosp today after having a slight stroke 11 days ago and has had so many tests and scans that it seems they have looked at every bit of him from inside which is good. They have put him on more tablets so its a good job he cant run as he would rattle.!!! Its so lovely to have him home again.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 5 Feb 2014 22:08

I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON FRIDAY FOR A MOT AS THE GP SAID
THE NURSE IS DOING IT
THERE TRYING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS FLUID IN MY LEGS
BUT IT'S REALLY SCAREY

TAKE CARE

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 5 Feb 2014 23:44

Don't be too scared Dizzi, there are lots of reasons for fluid in the legs, my husband had the problem, and his was solved with a surgical stocking that pushes the blood that gathers in the ankles back up the leg to the heart. It has worked wonders.

Hope all goes well on Friday.

Meg xx

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 5 Feb 2014 23:45

Incidentally Dizzi, my husband is called Weaver. Any connection?

Susan

Susan Report 6 Feb 2014 17:43

Carol's good. She posted that message in 2008, I think she was sorting out my 'gedcom' file (not that I have a clue what that is) :-) She updates my genes site for me at times she must have thought she was on her own. LOL :-D