General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How jobs affect our health without us knowing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 2 Aug 2013 18:45

years ago I was a stock control clerk on a cardex system ..eventually I ended up with a wrist splint because of carpel tunnel syndrome. Now that hand still has a problem because it is always holding a kindle rather than a book. So I find I have to make sure I take a break and wiggle the fingers. *fingers waves to all* it will not stop good old Arthur Itis but it keeps sending him on holiday. Same way as I have learnt that I know have to get up and stretch or use my under table walker if sitting for too long ----gawd what to invent a chair that stays still at a button and moves when needed. because if I don´t my knees hips and back creaks. ..This isn´t just because I sit on my butt all day now but a product from a desk job I once had. ..The back is my publican job I have to own up on that.
BUT I will say that the carpel trouble could have come about just as easy from a mouse than a pen ..and at least I didn´t have screen vision problems then.

So how do jobs affect health ....apart from my OH´s job affects my health because I am unhappy when he is not with me ..or variations of it lol :-D