General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stupid things you have said only to realise later

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 25 Aug 2013 16:50

Going off the back of leaving things on trains.

What have you said all straight faced and only after realised how stupid they were.

I have 2 that come to mind.
I used to do Avon and knocked on a door to collect the catalogue when a chap answered the door. He said "sorry love I live on my own." I said "well we do some nice aftershaves".
Then I looked at him and we both burst out laughing he had a huge bushy beard.
I said "I guess not then"

The 2nd was going to buy my ex´s wedding suit. We were in which ever gents outfitters it was and the sales chap was running around. Now we were looking for a dark blue or black, thing was we were looking off the peg and OH had small waist and long leg. Also long body and arms to smaller chest size. (not easy). Any way the sales chap brought over a 3piece in brown. saying it would fit etc etc I remarked that it wouldn´t do as I didn´t think brown would suit him.
He was wearing at the time brown trousers (cords I think) a beige shirt, brown shoes and a brown velvet jacket. I wondered why the sales chap looked at me gone out ;-)

I´ve owned up so lets hear some of your stories